Description of Program
Tecnológico de Monterrey was founded in 1943 by visionary entrepreneur and philanthropist Eugenio Garza Sada who led a group of Mexican business leaders in realizing the desire to create an innovative educational institution in Mexico. At Tecnológico de Monterrey we educate leaders with entrepreneurial spirit, a humanistic outlook and who are competitive on a global scale.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to travel restrictions this exchange is not open to the Monterrey, N.L. campus.
Tecnológico de Monterrey has 31 campuses in Mexico and serves 10 primary academic areas:
Course Structure Information
- Agriculture and Food
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Communication and Journalism
- Design and Applied Art
- Engineering and Science
- Business and Management
- Information Technologies and Electronics
UTSA Student Access
- Most of the courses consist in 48 hours spent by students on activities guided by teaching staff (3 hours per week during the semester and 10 hours per week during the summer).
- Class size averages 30 students.
- Small group projects, oral presentations and active participation by students in class are highly encouraged by our professors.
- Homework is assigned regularly.
- 80% of classroom attendance is required to pass the course.
- On a typical class, you will take 2 or 3 partial examinations and a final exam depending on the course.
UTSA students are eligible to apply for a Restricted Regions waiver for participation at the following campuses:
- 2.5 Cumulative GPA
- Sophomore standing at the time of participation
- Successful Waiver for travel to a Restricted Region from the International Oversight Committee (see below)
Estimated Costs and Accommodation Information
UTSA Tuition and Fees (Undergraduate) $4,638.17 (You will be changed for 15 credit hours of UTSA tuition.
UTSA Study Abroad Fee $150.00
Meals (estimated) $1,175.00
Airfare (estimated) $500.00
Residence Hall Housing (estimated) $2,625.00
AHP Health Insurance (estimated) $150.00
Living Expenses (estimated) $1,150.00
ITESM Health Plan $383.00
* All figures are estimates and are based on figures provided (except for UTSA tuition and study abroad fee) by ITESM - Campus Monterrey
Special Program Information/Restricted Regions
Per UTSA Policy, travel to a Restricted Region requires a waiver from the International Oversight Committee. The above programs and locations are identified as Restricted Regions and will require a travel waiver in order for a student to participate. Please visit the following link to begin the waiver process:
Please note that your UTSA Application for exchange will not be formally approved until a waiver has been granted by the International Oversight Committee.