Skip to content

For International Students: Travel Signature

International students currently at UTSA from another country are still eligible to participate in a study abroad or exchange program.

All exchange student participants pay resident tuition and fees for 15 hours each semester of the exchange. All other costs are paid to the host institution.

For a full list of exchange programs, log in to the searchable database. Select UTSA as the program provider.

Special Considerations for International Students

International students must speak with an international student advisor in International Student Services in the Office of International Programs before departure from the United States.

If you have a F-1 or J-1 visa, you must receive a travel signature before you travel. International Student Services requires at least two business days to process all travel signatures. 

There are possible immigration implications for those students who fail to complete the proper visa documentation. You may not be allowed to re-enter the United States.