Skip to content
- Guidebooks act as a travel advisor, help you understand the culture, and provide travel, lodging, and restaurant recommendations.
- Decide how you want to spend your time. Do you want to explore the region's history or spend time on the beach?
- Go to a bookstore and compare different guidebooks. Pick one of your destinations and compare what each guidebook says about that single location.
- Consider each guidebook's theme (budget travel, insider’s view, or adventure travel).
- Look at the maps. Are they easy to read? How detailed are they?
- Be conscious of the size and weight of the book because you'll be traveling and taking this book with you.
- All guidebooks are at least one year old, so never assume that the prices are the same or the restaurants are still open.