International Education Fund (IEF)
The University of Texas at San Antonio awards study abroad scholarships through the International Education Fund. These scholarships range from $250 to $2,000 per student. Applications for the scholarship are assessed on the quality of several short essays and the student's demonstrated need. Applications are evaluated by the UTSA International Education Fund Committee.
Note: This is a competitive scholarship
and not all applicants will receive an award. The quality of an applicant's submissions is critical to their chances of receiving an award.
- Applicants must be UTSA students at the time of application and during their study abroad term.
- Applicants must identify and participate in a program that is approved by the UTSA Study Abroad office.
- The study abroad program must be for academic credit at UTSA. Experiences that do not receive credit, such as cultural tours, volunteering, or attending a conference abroad, are not eligible.
- Undergraduate students must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (for fall/spring programs) or a 2.0 cumulative GPA (for summer programs); graduate students must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Scholarship awardees must comply with all expectations established by the Office of International Programs at UTSA.
- Scholarship awardees may be asked to participate in volunteering opportunities supporting the UTSA Study Abroad office for events and other outreach.
- Students are allowed to receive an IEF scholarship more than once.
When you click 'Apply Now', choose the IEF program term that corresponds with the term of your study abroad program, as follows:
Please confirm the term your academic coursework is associated with for your study abroad program. Your IEF application term must match the term of your coursework.
- IEF Summer term is for Summer and Maymester programs
- IEF Fall term is for Fall semester and Academic Year programs
- IEF Spring term is for Spring semester, Spring Break, and Winter (January term) programs
- Four essays of at least 150 words each (Students are encouraged to answer question fully. Length does not equal quality, but ensure your answer give the reviewers information to accurately assess your candidacy.)
- Summary of program costs and explanation of financial need
- Provide an Academic Reference (Name and Email only. A letter of recommendation is not required.)
* Your academic reference must be a UTSA faculty (e.g., professor, lecturer, teaching assistant) or a UTSA staff member (e.g., supervisor, advisor, staff mentor). Your academic reference cannot be the leader of your study abroad program. Non-UTSA references will not be considered. You should choose an academic reference who can speak to your character, abilities, and overall merit for this competitive award.
Page quick link: http://studyabroad.utsa.edu/?go=IEF